Just Shy of Paradise

Just Shy of Paradise
BUY HERE

Sunday, April 20, 2008

I got lucky...

Twenty-nine years ago yesterday, I got married. I was 21 years old and in love. I'm more in love with my husband today that I was that day. Seriously. He's not perfect, but then I'm not either. Yes, it took me at least twenty years into marriage to admit that I have faults, but I'm a slow learner sometimes. Here's some things I appreciate about my husband. He is always kind. He adores me. I adore him. He thinks for himself. He loves all things outdoors. He is an excellent father. He's just all around a good guy.
I realized soon after marriage that I got lucky. Few of us really know who we are at age 21. We're just starting into adulthood. I am not the same person I was then. I was even a Republican at 21. Most of my friends today would be surprised to learn that I wasn't always a Liberal. So it is in this vein that I think it's quite an amazing thing when we manage to find the right person when we don't even know who we are. When statistics show that divorce is at an all time high. I say, but look at all the marriages that do work. Isn't that amazing? I think it is. So this week, I toast marriage.

1 comment:

KimWar said...

I completely agree. I love reading your blog posts. I absolutely love your new hose. It is gorgeous.